Try These High Protein Shakes Without Using Protein Powder
Yes, you read the title right. If you have been looking for the best Indian whey protein or want to buy the best whey protein, give yourself a pause. Now you can have high-protein shake without using the best whey protein powder. If you face digestive issues after consuming whey protein powder or you can’t afford it, you can opt for high protein shakes without using protein powder. That helps you to replenish those lost nutrients.
Here is the list of a few recipes that are loaded with all the healthy goodness and a much-needed dose of protein after an intense workout session. Plus, you can easily try at home. So, let’s get started!
1. Peanut Butter Oats Shake
- To make this delicious shake you need 2 tbsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp oats, 1 tbsp flax seeds, 1 banana, ½ cup yogurt and ½ cup milk.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender.
- You can also add 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter or garnishing of your choice just before having it.
Benefits of Peanut Butter Oats Shake
- Banana is a great source of potassium which provides the boost of energy that you need post-workout.
- Dairy and peanuts are rich in protein, hence, help in maintaining good energy levels.
Nutritional value: This one glass of shake contains 11.9 g of protein, 18.9 g of fats, 33.5 g of carbs, 4.3 g of fiber and 340 calories.
2. Vegan Mixed Berry, Chia Protein Shake
A scoop of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, make its texture frothy and a delicious taste. You need 1/3 cup silken tofu, 3/4 almond milk,1 tablespoon chia seeds, and 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries.
Read more: Wedding Catering Trends
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix it until smooth.
- Top it up with chia seeds and enjoy.
Benefits of Vegan Mixed Berry, Chia Protein Shake
- Tofu is a good source of protein and contains all the 9 essential amino acids. It is also a good source of calcium, iron and minerals. It is perfect fuel for your muscles.
- Chia seeds help in building muscle mass and enhance exercise performance.
Nutritional value: This shake delivers 8 g of protein, 6 g of fat, 30g of carbs and 300 calories.
3. Ragi Shake
Take 2 tbsp ragi malt, 10 almonds, 5 to 6 chopped strawberries, 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 small banana and 1 cup milk.
- Chop all the almonds and strawberries
- Put all the ingredients into the jar and mix well in a blender
- Garnish it with chia seeds, strawberries or chopped almonds and enjoy
Benefits of Ragi Shake
- This shake is a good source of calcium, iron, and protein
- This fibre-rich protein shake is perfect to kickstart your day and to beat the morning blues
Calories per 250 ml: 269
Nutritional value: Single glass of this shake delivers 8.1g of protein, 10.7g fats, 33.5g of carbs and 4.8g of fiber.
There you have it 3 delicious, easy to make protein shakes. Do try these recipes at home and get your daily dose of essential nutrients.