Ideal Bedtime Habits and Bedroom Surroundings for the best everyday Sleep
There are quite a few things that we all know are good for our health but we fail to do them because we either do not know the right way of doing them or because we have become slaves to our own habits. Sleeping the right way and at the right time is the best example here.
In an era where we can buy vacuum packed mattress online, most of us are still struggling to get a good night sleep, timely, every night!
There are two things that significantly affect your sleep patterns at night-your bedtime routine or habits and the ambiance of your bedroom.
So here’s what you can do about it!
Ideal Bedtime Habits
- Let us start with something that might look the most difficult but is also the most effective–Having a consistent sleep schedule! This means you should try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day.
- Adjust your sleep time and wake up time such that you get 8 hours of uninterrupted, sound sleep.
- Say a strict no to any kind of electronic gadgets or screen time at least an hour before you hit the bed.
- You must also strictly avoid the consumption of caffeine as much as the use of electronics a few hours before the bedtime.
- Leave a gap of at least three hours between your meal-time and sleep time. If you are having a light supper, you can adjust the time gap accordingly.
Creating an idyllic ambiance in the bedroom
- One of the most important features you can work on is the temperature! Maintain an ideal temperature that is neither too cold nor too warm for you.
- The second on the list is having the right light! Make sure that you cut out any bright light with the blinds and curtains. The lights should be dim, warm and inviting.
- Do not use your bed for any other activities such as eating, studying or playing. Use it only to sleep and see the difference.
- Use colours that are soothing to the eye and mind. And it stands true for not just the colour of your walls but also the bedding, upholstery and the accessories used in the bed room since they make a permanent feature there.
- You surely need a good quality mattress since a good night’s sleep is all about having a comfortable sleeping posture! So look for a full size mattress supplier online and order the best for yourself.
If you can make these simple modifications to your daily bedtime routines, you will also see the changes in virtually no time at all!